Because Yalan tagged me (and this was like, a few days back?)
RULES:
1. The tag victim has to come up with 8 different points about his/her perfect lover.
2. Have to mention the gender of his/her perfect lover.
3. Tag eight other victims to join this game and leave a comment on their blog.
4. If you are tagged the second time, there is NO need to do this again.
5. Lastly, and most importantly, HAVE FUN DOING IT.
(Of course, we can ignore these rules. It's not like they're laws or anything.)
Eight things
1. He must accept and love me for who I am
This is the most important. I mean, what's the point in being with a guy who just analyzes and criticizes my faults? Everyone of us are entitled to have our faults, so hey, it is only fair for the other party to accept every single part of me -- flaw or no flaw -- and to love me as I am.
2. He must not abuse me -- emotionally, physically, verbally
This is another given. I won't take it lying down if a guy ever beats me up or keeps making me feel worthless. It's just wrong on all levels and guys who do that deserve to be like alone. Or have a closer look at their over-inflated ego, which brings me to point 3.
3. He must not possess an over-inflated ego, and/or be a MCP (Male Chauvinist Pig)I am somewhat feminist (if you can't already tell). I have to say, if I ever do housework or cook or any of the stuff that is deem proper for a woman to do, it will be because I genuinely want to, and not because I have to like fulfill my gender role. So, if the guy thinks he can boss me around and control me just 'cos he is a guy, well then, sorry dude, I ain't the one for you.
4. He must -at the very least- respect and appreciate the arts (in whatever form or language)Why? Because, quite simply, it is the language I speak. Music, writing, reading, movies, theater, musicals, dance etc. At least one of these really (is that so hard, honestly?). At the most basic level, it gives us one thing in common. At a higher level, it gives us more things to talk about, and a deeper connection. And note that I said in any language, so it doesn't even have to be English (goodness, my standard IS going down. Hahaha). That said....
5. He must speak (and understand DUH) English.How else are we going to communicate? It doesn't even have to be perfect English, if say he is Japanese or Korean or French or some other nationality where English is not the first language. But at least an understanding of it and the ability to speak it, if not we'll have serious problems communicating.
6. He must not be a smoker, or do drugs, or be an alcoholic, or a gambler.Because I envision a stable and normal household and life, not an unstable one. And well, I just can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke or entertain the idea of kissing someone who smells like a chimney. And, I do want my husband to live as long as I do, if not longer.
7. He should, preferably, play an instrument.Ignoring the fact that I can't play any musical instrument at the moment (unless you count the recorder. But I DO intend to pick up an instrument sometime), I think a guy who can play an instrument is hot. Hahaha. Or if he can't play an instrument, then he has to be able to write COHERENTLY. Write as in prose, poetry, song kind of write.
8. He MUST look like Lee Jun Ki!!!Hahaha no, just kidding. LJK is one and only. But I guess decent looking guy will be a must. I know I ain't good-looking, but I like to think I'm at least decent looking. HAHAHA. And I can't possibly be with someone I can't stand the looks of (or the character of, for the matter).
And so, that concludes it. And since I don't know who ever comes to my blog anymore, I'm just going to tag whoever reads this HAHAHA. But if I had to guess, they'll be... (barring Tingren, who is already tagged by Yalan): Lay Ping, Yiling, and I honestly don't know who else. HAHAHA.