a girl who spends too much time doing things she shouldn't be doing, like writing. and dreaming. and slacking.
she's insane, which simply drives everyone around her crazy.
feminist and proud of it.
enjoys writing, reading, kendo, chilling, music and has she mentioned writing?
"nobody knows who I really am... but I don't give a damn!"
I was aghast when I found a link in one of my friend's blog which links back to a blog I kept from college. The English I used back then.... omg! Enough to make me want to dig a hole in the ground and hide myself. What was I thinking? The horrid distortion of the English language.... I feel ashamed. And amazed that I actually DID it. For a long time, I was wondering whose blog I was reading, except I knew that it was technically mine but I was in denial about it. Yeah.
Honestly, please delete that old link if any of you have it. Too painful.
As far as possible, I will attempt to use the proper English language. Capitalization not included, 'cos sometimes I get too lazy or just want to post a quick update sooooo... I don't bother to capitalize. But just that.
***
If there is a Korean drama show you should watch, it would be Time of Dog and Wolf. Starring the ever-wonderful and gorgeous Lee Jun Ki. Haven't I wax lyrical about him like, a few times before? Erm... I think I did. But anyway, he is a Brilliant actor (with a capital B). And what makes this drama show so compelling and special is the amount of different emotions and thoughts it raises in the viewer. And Lee Jun Ki playing the main character makes these conflicting thoughts and feelings all the more real. I mean, how many shows actually ask you to decide if the seemingly bad character is really a bad character? It gives a different dimension to the villain, rather than a typical in-your-face this is a bad guy and that is it drama. And this is a crime drama by the way. Dealing with the Korean intelligence agency and the triad.
The frustrating thing is, the boss of the triad is obviously a bad character because well, he kills people. DUH. *spoilers spoilers alert* Yet, the more episodes I watch, the more I find myself liking and sympathizing with this character, and at the same time, feeling the emotional anguish which Jun Ki's character must feel, having to deal with his painful memories and dealing with said triad boss at the same time. It gets to the point where I don't want the good guys to win, or the bad guys to lose, but that some sort of I don't know, alliance or balance or something comes up instead. Because this drama just does that -- it doesn't give you a clear cut picture, it makes you question if the bad people depicted to you are really evil, or if there's something else driving them altogether? Something which you could understand, relate to, and as a result start sympathizing with these character and just feeling very sad because well, they probably will end up being killed or something.
And this is the part where all those morally upright people will come and bash me in the head for daring to think that the bad guys are like, human or worth sympathizing with or something. But that's just why I love this drama so much. And the presence of Lee Jun Ki just makes it all the more brilliant. He is such a superb actor, I can't describe how awesome he is. It's just sad there aren't that many shows and movies to his name. Or songs for that matter, 'cos his voice is amazing. And he looks so good as well. Yums. Ahem. Yah. I think you get the point.
And my point is, if you are looking for a drama to watch, please watch Time of Dog and Wolf. 'Cos it is brilliant.
***
I think England got to my brain and all my vocab has shrunk to simply one word to describe all the amazing and wonderful things. 'Brilliant'. A word commonly used amongst the Brits. And well, I can't seem to stop using it. I hope I don't just fill-up my entire essay(s) with this word.
I'm rambling. I know. You just wasted your time reading this entry. Except Jun Ki's part isn't a waste 'cos well, it is about Jun Ki and he is amazing.
Oh, and I can't seem to find that elusive new album by Taiwan all-girl rock band Cherry Boom. I am very upset by this. On the other hand, I have my new A*mei, Linkin Park and Rong Zhu Er's albums. And I am going for A*mei's concert, YAY!
And here is 小小 (Xiao Xiao) by 容祖儿. Don't know why, but I like this song. So sad.